To carry out research from a gender perspective on the quality, needs, design, target groups, objectives, scope, implementation, evaluation and effectiveness of local programmes, projects and plans for the prevention of addiction, using criteria of scientific excellence.
The need that justifies the Higiea programme is to improve the quality and effectiveness of drug prevention programmes in Spain. On the basis of its implementation, the programme aims to:
- Identify how addiction prevention is articulated in Spain and the needs that justify the different prevention actions in order to improve their quality and, consequently, their effectiveness.
- Analyse the response and adaptation of prevention programmes to the diversity of the target population, in order to adapt the offer to the needs of the current population.
- Examine the design, quality and potential effectiveness of each of the prevention interventions studied from a gender perspective.
- Review the epistemology on which the programmes are based and assess the extent to which they cover the realities of women’s lives.
- Shed light on the effectiveness of current prevention, to catalyse changes in the current structure of prevention from a gender perspective, and to promote innovation and the implementation of good practices in prevention.
- Assess efficiency through the cost-effectiveness indicator.
- Identify both ineffective and effective prevention measures.
- Help catalyse the implementation of effective, efficient and effective quality standards.
- Carry out a multi-level identification and analysis of the different prevention proposals in order to improve their quality and effectiveness.
- Identify weaknesses in the evaluation systems of the preventive practices analysed, in order to offer effective evaluation mechanisms to improve their effectiveness.
Multilevel quality analysis programme, needs, design, target populations, objectives, scope, implementation, evaluation and effectiveness of local addiction prevention programmes, projects and plans.